As usual, Ubuntu opens the submissions contest for the default wallpapers.
This time it's in double...
This time the contest is doubled , because the search for the top wallpapers will be also integrated to the Ubuntu Phone.
- 02/15/15 The submission process opens the Flickr group.
- 02/28/15 First meeting of IRC at # 1504wallpaper at 19:30 GMT.
- 03/06/15 Introductions were close at 18:00 GMT
- 03/12/15 Delivering the final selection in .zip format in the corresponding bug in Launchpad.
If you think, that you got the premium picture or image, give it a try, because if your image it's one of the chosen, your work is going to be seen in millions of displays worldwide.
Some of the tips tips for creating wallpaper images
- Images shouldn’t be too busy and filled with too many shapes and colours, a similar tone throughout is a good rule of thumb.
- A single point of focus in photos, a single area that draws the eye into the image, can also help you avoid something too cluttered.
- The left and top edges are home to Ubuntu’s Launcher and Panel so be careful to consider how your images look in place so as not to clash with the user interface. Try them out on your own desktop, see how they feel.
- Try your image at different aspect ratios to make sure something important isn’t cropped out on smaller/ larger screens at different resolutions.
- Take a look at the wallpapers guidance on the Ubuntu Wiki regarding the size of images. Our target resolution is 2560 x 1600.
- Break all the rules except the resolution one! :D
All submissions are going to be made on Flickr Group of Ubuntu Wallpaper Submissions 15.04 Vivid Vervet.
We hope that this publication has been useful.
Share this article, and feel free to leave your comment.