Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Manjaro Scanner bug... How to fix


Brief introduction...

       First of all, if you have GNU/Linux distribution installed on your machine, and came across with some problem(s), the best way to solve it, is to find help on the distro's support channel or in the distro's forum. There, they have the knowledge to help you ( after all, they are the folks that build it ), in your specific issue. - But, you must have some patience, sometimes can take a bit longer than expected!!!

       This article isn't in any way, a replacement of Manjaro's support channel or forum. It aims to be, another source to help you solve this specific problem, and everyone else with same issue.

       I have Manjaro XFCE installed on my laptop, and few days ago, I wanted to make a scan for some documents on my printer " HP all-in-one ". I tried with the "Simple Scan" tool, but it didn't work, and all times I tried it always gave me the same issue: " HPLIP Plugin Download and Install".
       Well, I needed those copies, but for that, the printer scanner it should be working properly. So, I searched on the Manjaro's forum a similar problem, to help me fix this annoying bug. With a little patience, I found a post with asimilar problem, but for a different printer brand. Finally, I could fix the scan issue.


»»» -:- «««

We made a small tutorial video showing how to fix 

Manjaro Scanner Bug 




»»» -:- «««


So, how can we fix...

  • Open your terminal, then copy and paste the follow command line
    • sudo mousepad /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

  • Now on the mousepad uncomment or add hpaio
    ... as shown in the image bellow




    • Save the the document.
      • Press the CTRL+S keys
      • Go to "Files" on the menu, and click "Save"

    • Open once again "Simple Scan" tool, and test it.



    And, that's it!
    If you have or had the same kind of problem, feel free to share with us on +Digitallofice.






    Manjaro's Support Channel's




    We hope, this publication has been useful.
    Please, share this article, and feel free to leave your comment.